The Law Office of Vernon Ready, LLC (“Ready Law“) is a law firm that operates several websites including ready-law.com, readyinjurylaw.com, and several other topically-based websites. It is The Law Office of Vernon Ready, LLC’s policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect while operating our websites.
As professionals engaged in the provision of legal services to clients worldwide, The Law Office of Vernon Ready, LLC, including its affiliated partnerships, (collectively, the firm) is committed to protecting the privacy of confidential and “Personal Information” (information that directly or indirectly identifies individuals who may be clients, staff, agents, lawyers, law students, job applicants or others inside or outside the firm). It is the policy of the firm to comply with the rules of professional conduct, which impose a duty to preserve and protect confidential client information, upon lawyers and their associated personnel.
Like most website operators, The Law Office of Vernon Ready, LLC collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available. This information may include data points such as browser type and referring website. We collect this non-personally identifying information to better understand how visitors use our websites.
Personally Identifying Information
Certain visitors to The Law Office of Vernon Ready, LLC’s websites choose to interact with The Law Office of Vernon Ready, LLC in ways that require us to gather personally identifying information. The amount and type of information that The Law Office of Vernon Ready, LLC gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, we ask visitors who fill out one of our free consultation forms to provide their name, email address, a contact phone number, as well as details about their potential case. We collect such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with The Law Office of Vernon Ready, LLC. The Law Office of Vernon Ready, LLC does not disclose personally identifying information other than as described below. And visitors can always refuse to supply personally identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent The Law Office of Vernon Ready, LLC contacting them about their potential legal case.
Protection and Use of Certain Personally Identifying Information
The Law Office of Vernon Ready, LLC takes certain measures to secure and protect confidential information provided to us. However, we cannot guarantee that information provided cannot be accessed by a malicious third party or that our security measures could not be breached.
The Law Office of Vernon Ready, LLC discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on The Law Office of Vernon Ready, LLC’s behalf or to provide services available at The Law Office of Vernon Ready, LLC’s lawfirm, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using (filling out or providing information to) any case review/assessment forms, an online calendaring system, chat service, or contact request forms, available on or through our websites, you consent to the transfer of such information to them.
We may also use personal information where in our legitimate interest to do so for the following purposes:
– to contact you and respond to your requests and enquiries
– to personalize your visit and use of our Internet Services and to assist you while you use those services
– to carry out, monitor and analyze our business or website operation
– to conduct our recruiting and selection process
– to provide you with legal services, if you are or become a client of the firm, and otherwise deal with you, and administer the matters you instruct us on
– to contact you (unless you tell us that you prefer us not to) regarding legal or law firm developments that may be of interest to you. If you do not want to receive publications or details of events or seminars that we consider may be of interest to you, you may opt out of additional communications by clicking on the unsubscribe link in electronic marketing communications
– to enter into or carry out contracts of various kinds
– to comply with applicable laws, regulations, guidance or professional obligations that we may be subject to, including anti-money laundering requirements. Where Personal Information is necessary for the firm to carry out its anti-money laundering checks failure to provide such information may result in the firm not being able to provide requested assistance or representation.
The Law Office of Vernon Ready, LLC will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations, as described above, The Law Office of Vernon Ready, LLC discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when The Law Office of Vernon Ready, LLC believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of The Law Office of Vernon Ready, LLC, third parties or the public at large.
If you have provided The Law Office of Vernon Ready, LLC your email address for the purpose of case assessment and/or signing up for our newsletter, The Law Office of Vernon Ready, LLC may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new legal information, firm news, (in the case of newsletter sign ups) or email you via a third-party to fill out a post-case client feedback survey or review. Both our newsletter and our post-case surveys include opt-out links to stop us from further contacting you.
If The Law Office of Vernon Ready, LLC, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, or in the unlikely event that The Law Office of Vernon Ready, LLC goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of The Law Office of Vernon Ready, LLC may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.
You Can Correct the Information We Have About You, or Opt Out of Future Communications
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. Contact us via the phone number, contact form or mailing address on our website at any time to:
- see what data we have about you, if any;
- change/correct any data we have about you;
- ask us to delete any data we have about you; and/or
- opt out of future communications from us.